You’ve gone two days without my words
harassing flowing through your newsfeed. Did you miss me? Don’t answer that.
It’s been crazy busy around here. And what happens when things get crazy? I panic a little and then eat allthepeanutbutter. Or is that just all the time? Regardless, I’m back and I’m so happy it’s Friday!
Show this lovely lady some love every Friday, would you?
Weeks like these make me so stressed, so in order to counteract the crazy, I make sure to fill the non-working part of my life with things that zen me out a little.
1. New iPhone wallpaper. This one’s from Sarah Hearts. She has so many beautiful iPhone, iPad and desktop wallpapers available to download.
2. All the coffee. If you don’t know that I’m a caffeine fiend by now,
stop reading my blog you do now. A working runnaroundd like myself cannot get through even a normal day without a few cups. It’s a staple.
3. Veggies. I just feel better when I eat lots of veggies. The past two days I even had them for breakfast. Technically, I only did that because I ran out of breakfast foods, but honestly I feel 100x better when I’m stuffing veggies in my face all day. And my ass doesn’t hate me as much when I’m stress-snacking at work.
4. Sweat. Sweat every day. I really try to — and I don’t count swamp ass on my bike ride home — wait, what? Every morning before work I try to do something that gets my heart rate up — a home workout, a quick bike ride, a jog on the elliptical, a pathetic run/hobble/walk along the water, weights. It makes me feel better about taking on a crazy day/week.
5. Quotes. Cheesy sayings or quotes don’t work for everyone. Looking at you, Paige. But I dig them. Especially this one. Whatever lights a fire under your ass, do it.
6. Bike to work. Nothing clears my mind like biking to and from work every day. It gives me time to think about what I need to do and make a plan. Or just blast tunes into my ears and pretend no one can see me mouthing the words. Yeah. That.
7. Get comfy. If my brain and nerves have to be uncomfortable for a week or two, imma give my body a little break. I have a stand up desk at work, but sometimes I get more done when I’m sitting and swiveling in our awesome new chairs. Headphones in. Feet up. Papers everywhere. It’s my process.
8. John Mayer. Speaking of headphones. John Mayer chills me out when I’m about to
voluntarily go off the deep end. His new album, Paradise Valley, is like therapy.
These are just a few things that keep me sane and happy!
This weekend I’m headed to Orlando for some Disney distractions. Do I go there a lot? Yes.
What do you do to keep from going crazy during busy times? How are you spending your weekend? Have a great Friday!