My weekend was beautiful. It started with a bun and ended with a bike ride. Yay.
C’moooonnnn. Look at that. Look at it.
There was also some Cards Against Humanity going on with the girlfriends. I might have peed a little bit. Hilarious and inappropriate is my favorite combination.
Weekends are so great for the obvious things: not working, chilling out, shopping, and wishing Carnival cruisers a great trip sans food poisoning. They’re also pretty awesome for my Paleo diet because I have more freedom and time to shop for and make foods that fit into my plan.
Between cruising the bay and getting sunburned and such, I made some really good stuff, and it’s totally becoming second nature. Here are a few Paleo life updates:
- I no longer dream about my favorite foods. BUT two nights ago I had a running dream (good sign? yes? please?)
- I CRAVE whole, fresh foods, and I’m loving everything I make.
- I’m getting used to eating dinner foods for every single meal. #PorkForBreakfast #ChickenAndCabbage
- I don’t crave meat at all. Ever. But I still make it and eat it because I cut out a ton of other stuff from my diet, so I need to get all the nutrients and whatnot from somewhere.
- Black coffee. Eh. Still not loving it, but still drinking it.
- Bloating is pretty much nonexistent. It’s a miracle and a half.
- My nails look so great. They weren’t ugly before, but now they’re noticeably stronger and smoother.
- Still rocking the elliptical and the bike. It’s not my favorite right now, but I’m doing what I can.
- Confession: I had raisins a few times. I don’t think they’re not allowed, but they’re not the best choice. Forgive me for I have sinned.
One last note: I wonder why I didn’t do this sooner. Simple as that. I ate really well before I started doing Paleo, but I think some of the things that I’ve cut out really needed to go — some dairy, artificial sweetener, certain vegetables. I guess I just needed a kick in the butt to really let go of those things. In the end, I’m doing this for my legs. I’m doing this to (HOPEFULLY) heal my Dystonia and run again.
Have a great day! How was your weekend?